Updated: Jun 26
This recipe was created by my husband, Ali many years ago and is one of my absolute favourite breakfast choices.
What’s good about it?
Eggs are a great source of protein as well as other vitamin, minerals, antioxidants and omega 3 fatty acids. Eggs also contain choline which is essential for cellular growth and is an important nutrient needed during pregnancy as it has an important role in the development of a baby’s brain. Opting for wholegrain or wholemeal bread provides the body with fibre and keeps you full for longer. Avocado and olive oil contain healthy dietary fats which is essential for healthy skin and research suggests is protective against heart disease and high cholesterol.
Serves: 2 hungry Lebs
· 4 Eggs
· 4 Slices of bread of choice (I like a dark rye, wholemeal seeded loaf or spelt bread)
· Zaatar for sprinkling
· 1 Avocado
· 1 Teaspoon of olive oil plus extra for drizzling
· Salt & Pepper to season
(See previous recipe here.)
1. Prepare Tahini Yoghurt & put aside
2. Heat a large frying pan & drizzle 1 teaspoon of olive oil to coat the pan
3. Put your bread into the toaster
4. Crack the eggs into the pan & let them firm up a bit before seasoning with salt & pepper
5. Once the eggs are slightly firm add enough water to surround the eggs & turn down to low, placing a lid over the pan to allow them to further cook
6. Once the eggs are cooked & the bread is toasted, spread ¼ of sliced avocado onto each piece of bread
7. Top the avocado bread with an egg each then dollop tahini yoghurt on top followed by sprinkles of zaatar & some olive oil to drizzle
8.Serve immediately & enjoy